|I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in the Blue Ridge Marathon, Half Marathon, 5K, and/or YMCA Kids Marathon includes, but is not limited to, the following; sprains, strains, falling, fractures, heat stroke, other heat and cold injuries, over-use syndrome, injuries involving vehicles, animal bites and stings, contact with poisonous plants, acts of God, and the potential for permanent paralysis and death. These activities include, but are not limited to, running, jogging, walking, and, travel by vehicle.
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and I assume full responsibility for my participation.
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS BLUE RIDGE MARATHON, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, volunteers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event ("Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or propertv, or any resulting arbitration costs WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law. This applies to the above stated entities and individuals while participating and/or working within the event???s geographical parameters; including pre-event set-up and post-event break-down and any other event-related activities.
5. I further state that I am in proper physical condition to volunteer for this event and am over 18 years of age.
6. I grant permission for the use of my name and or likeness related to my participation in any event conducted by Blue Ridge Marathon. I also grant the use of my voice and any and all recorded and or filmed/video/photographed footage of me, and further waive all rights to any compensation, as a result of my name or likeness being used in any way.
In consideration of your accepting this application to volunteer w/ the Blue Ridge Marathon (the ???Marathon???), I, the undersigned, for myself and my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release any and all rights and claims for damages I may have against Blue Ridge Marathon, Odyssey Adventure Racing, the City of Roanoke, the Roanoke Regional Partnership, the Regional Partnership Foundation, the County of Roanoke, the National Park Service, all sponsors and organizations associated with this event, and all of the foregoing entities??? officers, directors, members, agents, employees, volunteers, affiliates, representatives, successors and assigns, for any and all personal injuries or property damage suffered by me as a result of volunteering in the Marathon, whether during or after the Marathon. I attest and verify that I will participate in the Marathon as a volunteer, that I am physically fit and my physical condition has been recently verified by a physician.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.