|VOLUNTEER CONSENT, RELEASE & WAIVER OF LIABILITY.
In consideration of being permitted to assist / volunteer at the Relay Around Columbus (Event) Columbus, OH, I hereby agree as follows:
1. I volunteer to assist in the activities related to the Event. I understand that my assisting / volunteering may involve risk of physical injury to me or others, or damage to my property, or other consequences, which might result from my own actions, inactions or negligence and/or the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of the Event, condition of the premises, weather conditions, or condition of any of the equipment used in the Event. There may also be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable, all of which I voluntarily assume.
2. On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, and any other person or entity who may make a claim through me, I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, and FOREVER DISCHARGE Relay Around Columbus (RAC), Endurance Sports Productions, LLC (ESP), all Event sponsors, Event producers, Event staff, administrators, officials, contractors, vendors, and organizers (including race directors), athletes, all other persons or entities involved with the Event, states, cities (including Westerville, Worthington, Columbus, Groveport), towns, and other governmental bodies and locations (including Straub Dance Center, Chase, Bradford School, Columbus Public Schools, Worthington Public Schools, The Ohio State University, Columbus State Community College, Metro Parks, Columbus Recreation & Parks ) in which an Event or portions of the Event takes place, and the officers, directors (including The Ohio State University Board of Trustees, Columbus State Community College Board of Trustees), employees, agents, insurers, other participants and representatives of all of the above (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses (economic and non-economic), and liabilities of every kind and nature, whether accruing at law or in equity(collectively "Claims"), for death, personal injury, or property damage, which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my assistance/participation in, or my traveling to or from, Event, including but not limited to any Claims for theft, damage to any equipment, negligence, partial or permanent disability, Claims relating to the provision of first aid, medical care, medical treatment, or medical decisions (at an Event site or elsewhere), and any Claims for medical or hospital expenses.
3. I assume any and all risks of injury to person or property, or any other consequence arising out of my assisting in, participating in, or volunteering in the Event, including travel en route to and from the Event. I HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE MY LEGAL RIGHTS TO SUE FOR ANY INJURY OR OTHER DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM MY VOLUNTEERING.
4. I FURTHER COVENANT and AGREE NOT TO SUE any of the Released Parties for any of the Claims that I have waived, released, or discharged herein. I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties from any and all expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, including but not limited to attorneys' fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or resulting from, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, my breach or failure to abide by any part of this Waiver Agreement, and my actions or inactions which cause injury or damage to any other person.
5. I acknowledge and agree to allow my photograph, video image, likeness and/or voice to appear in any documentary, promotional material (including advertisements), television, radio or film coverage of the Event without compensation or further notice, and I do hereby assign any and all copyright or other interests therein to Relay Around Columbus and Endurance Sports Productions, LLC. I further acknowledge that RAC and ESP are under no obligation to provide me with compensation for use of any such images.
6. The parent or legal guardian who signs the Waiver Agreement on behalf of a minor, incapacitated and/or mentally challenged person (hereinafter "Said Person"), hereby acknowledges that he or she has the legal capacity and authority to act on behalf of Said Person and to legally bind Said Person to the terms and conditions of this Waiver Agreement. The parent or legal guardian who signs the Waiver Agreement agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties for any and all expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, as a result of any insufficiency of legal capacity or authority to act on behalf of Said Person in the execution of the Waiver Agreement.
7. Any deviation from this Waiver Agreement by any of the Released Parties or the determination that any provision of this Waiver Agreement is ineffective or unlawful shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. If Volunteer is under 18 years of age, the signature of volunteer's parent/guardian is required. Parent/Guardian's signature shall constitute consent to the terms contained herein on behalf of Minor. Said Person also confirms and agrees that minor volunteers must be 16 years old and that the minor represented is 16 years old or older.
INFO FOR PARENT/GUARDIAN COMPLETING THIS REGISTRATION
A Parent or Legal Guardian must complete registration for minors. If your age on race day is less than 18 year old, please fill in the Parent/Guardian Contact Information below. Providing such information and continuing this process indicates that this registration was completed by the person listed below.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER OF LIABILITY, I UNDERSTAND IT AND BY CHECKING THIS BOX, AGREE TO ALL OF ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.